Friday, August 12, 2005

One Business Trip - 3 Kids

On monday I am heading to Philly for a conference management conference. Yes, a conference on how to manage a conference. Sounds odd, but I am very excited to learn all this new information that I can bring back, and kick butt with! Although, there are three kids going. Barb, Shane, and I. Yes, I am still a kid.

On tuesday, Barb and I went slipper shopping during lunch. Our office is extremely cold, and that my friends, make you feet VERY cold - so slippers was the answer. Now we were being good, looking for classic, black slippers. We went to hects and could not find comfortable, decent slippers, then I turned the corner and found our new slippers. There were four different styles to choose from! I love a choice in comfortable slippers. There were monkey's, duckies, cats, and poodles. Now these slippers had hands and feet that hung off to the sides and big heads with poofie hair - it took us a good 5 minutes to stop laughing and only 30 seconds to decide we HAD to have a pair. So we bought three pair, one for her, one for me, and one for our friend T back at the office. So we go back to work all gitty, and as soon as we stepped foot into the office - bam - professional. (You never know who is going to be there when you walk in!) So we make it back to our desks, throw on ours and run to T's desk to surprise her with her pair. Again, we laughed. I went back to work, but then I hear this quacking - I was like T, what the hell is that noise? She goes wizzing by me to barb's office and her face is beat red in laughter. I ran in after to learn that our highly professional slippers make noises! The duckies quack, the cats meow, and then there were my slippers - the monkies - oh my gosh, they let of the most obnoxious monkey cry that lasts at least 10 seconds. I was on the floor crying I was laughing so hard. Just imagine three girls, dressed in business apparel with these loud slippers - it makes our stressful, beyond hectic days fun.

Now, of course in the office we are professional, but outside the office, that is a different story! Shane is just loud and funny, and when you put Barb and I together when we are ready to have fun, we are like to 5 year olds and these slippers are going with us on our roadtrip to Philly, and Shane will be bringing his Taz slippers to fit it. Granted we will be on our game when we need to be, but we can not wait to have a little fun being kids together! It will be like giving three kids each their own hotel room for a night - with no curfew, and lots of soda and candy! ROADTRIP!

4 comments:

Kyle Wash said...

Sounds like fun.. interesting slippers for sure. Hope your trip is a hoot.

Xtine said...

I love slippers. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time. Wish I liked my co-workers. Good for you Kel... someone in this world has to be having fun at their job! Why not it be you?
You missed another drunken sean night out... it was great :)

mlwash said...

I heard this story in person but, seeing it written down makes it even goofier. Slippers with arms and legs? Slippers that make noise? Ugh.

I think I am glad that I am not planning to be in Philly Monday night.

I am sure you will have a blast and yesm you may even pick something up from the trade show --remember that? That is why you are taking the ROADTRIP.

Sean said...

Haha! You guys are funny!