Monday, November 1, 2004

Halloween - What NOT to do.

I know Halloween is a time for kids to go out and try to get as much candy as they possibly can so that they can go home, get a sugar high, and drive there parents completely nuts. As for last night, I was not one of those kids. However, I got the privilegde to go to my manager's (Mike's) apt along with his manager (Brien) and talk about work. Oh yes, only fun for us! We arrived around 6:30 and around 9:30 I was ready to head home and get some rest since I had just returned from Rochester earlier that day. I said my good byes and headed out to my car. As I was walking I got a bit confused, I thought I had parked next to this truck, but then there was no car there. So I decided to hit my unlock button on my key chain and look for my lights to flash. So I hit it and see no lights. I decide to try again, still no lights. Then I realize that that empty spot next to that truck WAS whereI parked.
I walked back into my manager's apt, not to thrilled, and asked mike if they towed cars at his complex. He said: "No, why?" I was like: "oh, my car isn't there." At that point Brien and Mike and their fincee's were looking at me asking if I was sure I looked in the right spot. (I saw that question coming since I seconded guessed myself as well.) So we all went out and looked for broken glass, there was none of that, thank goodness. So then we walked for a bit looking for a tow sign for a number to call. Eventually found one, and I called - yes, they towed my car on halloween night. NOT NICE. Mike gave me the money to get my car back, so now his fincee is fighting to get their money back since she was told that they didn't tow cars there. LIARS! Well that is my story and I am sticking to it!

Words of Wisdom:
get sleep - it is very important. With out sleep you will be a snappy turtle, and no one likes a snappy turtle!

4 comments:

mlwash said...

Sleep is a good thing. Reba gets 8 hours a day. She seems to have done well.

Nice job getting the car towed. Hopefully they were good to it. It was nice or Mike to pick up the tab.

Welcome home.

Sean said...

Wow, that sounds all too familiar to me. How was your visit to Rochester?? :)

Kyle Wash said...

Wow you ahd your car towed. That must have been scary to go out and not see your car there. It happened to me once with the truck, I nearly flipped out when I didnt see the truck where I left it before vacation that year! I'm glad you got it back smoothly.

liam said...

yeah i remember when your car got towed sean. that women next door got it towed. you never did send her a thank you card did you?