Friday, October 21, 2005

Slacker

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE!!!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday!! I wish I was there to celebrate with you!

Okay, so I love my job, we all know that, I have said it about 10,000 times. And I do, I love my job. I enjoy the people I have met and the whole shebang. But as you can probably see coming – today has sucked. My day was going well, it is Friday – can’t get off to a better start to a day of work! Seriously, how can you not smile on a Friday? Well the day got worse and worse and worse. I have spent most of my day helping a very nice co-worker with something she doesn’t know how to do. And instead of taking the time, that we both don’t have, to show her how to do it, I did it for her. And I will show her how to do it when we have the time to spend on it. Now this other co-worker of mine, lets call him slacker, talks on his cell phone all day with his wife, family members, and friends. He is supposed to be our top sales person in our division, but you wouldn’t think so if you saw his work habits. Now he and I have our tiffs, and we can really work extremely well together. Well today, he has really done it. He has made me madder than ever before. I can almost say that our trust is gone.

So Slacker went to my boss and told him that he didn’t have time to do his own admin work. Now we all do our own admin work – that is part of the job. So my boss calls our division into a meeting to discuss Slacker, and how he doesn’t have time for this and we need to work together. Well the other person on our team has a show in three weeks – so she doesn’t have the time. Well Slacker got it all pinned down on me. So maybe a half hour after the meeting – does he not call me and ask me to update the verbage on his power point presentation and tell me he wants it in an hour. So I told him to do it himself!!!! My boss and I will be having a conversation. I do not have the time to do his “grunt” work just because he doesn’t want to. I will be a team player – but not when you go behind my back and get try to get me stuck with all your crap. I have my own crap to do!

1 comment:

Sean said...

Kyle's birthday was a blast! Wish you could have been there. See ya soon!