Sunday, October 2, 2005

Bart

Well now you have seen my new kitty. He and I seem to be getting along pretty well. Bart's first night here. Friday night, he slept in the kitchen and cried the whole night. On Saturday I had to be up early for the Burtonsville parade. I was there to support Habitat for Humanity. It was a great morning, and the parade went extremely well! That afternoon, I got home and took a nap with bart, but first we played a bit. I let him run all over our place so he could get to know it a bit. I am finding he likes blankets and pillows, he doesn't really care for his toys right now. After our nap, I decided to take him over to my parents house, I want Bart to adapt to where ever he is, that way we can go everywhere together. He liked playing in their kitchen, he likes to be where the people are, even though he hides from us the whole time. After a few minutes he decided it was time to see some other rooms...so I followed him to the living room. He seemed to like it behind the couch - and he was behind there for a bit, so I looked under the couch to check on him and as I do that I see his little butt go down the vent. We forgot that one vent cover was missing, and Bart found it! We spent a couple hours trying to get him out. After some time, I put tuna on my hand hoping I could grab his little body and pull him out. Well I was able to grab his little body - but there was no way I could pull him out. The vent went down about a six-eight inches and curved to go under the floor - needless to say, getting him out wasn't going to be easy. So my dad cut a hold in the vent a little farther down - trying not to scare him too much - but that didn't work. So he had to go closer to where Bart was, cut a hole in the ceiling of his workroom, find the vent, and cut a hole right near where Bart was laying. (Too small in there for him to sit/stand.) Eventually dad got Bart out. The poor thing was covered in soot and crying. So I dried his eyes, and wrapped him in a blanket, brought him home and he slept with me the whole night. It was a scarey night, but in the end, dad (to Bart- grandpa) saved my new little kitty. You can say, we all slept well after that!

Right now Bart is in my bed under all the covers happy as can be!

5 comments:

Sean said...

Poor guy! I like the name. Maybe you can bring him up here next time you come up?

Kyle Wash said...

Cute Kitten kel. Charlie is much better though. I'm glad you got yourself a kitten, I know how much you'll enjoy having him around as I do Charlie.

Keep posting pictures, the kitten pics are always the best :)

mlwash said...

Just before the silly cat jumped into the heat register, Kelly said "he always stays in the same rome where we are."

Right. Two ugly holes in the heating system and some major drywall repair later, little bart is safely removed.

Good grief!

liam said...

So, ah, whos picking up that repair bill?

kelly said...

Willie you can!