Friday, October 28, 2005

Two Down - Many To Go!

I have worked two shows now - and this last show was a little more of a learning curve. I have learned more of "what not to do" and some things we might want to try for our other shows. One thing is the receptions - those were a hit. At those, I have learned that when the sponsors of the reception are from a different country, and drinking is the thing to do - "no thank you" is an insult. When they give you a drink, you drink and act like you can't wait for the next. I am just lucky that I had a friend there I could go up to and politely say "I'm a goner" and they will make sure I get back okay. I have also learned to write down your hotel room number somewhere, so when it comes time to go night night, you know where to go. I should be sending Tony a thank you note for taking good care of me. He was my saving grace. All in all everything went well, but I am exhausted!

Now I have a friend here for the night from NC. Her and her boyfriend. I like her boyfriend - very nice guy. He fits right in and is very polite! So I am off to be a good host - and not fall asleep!!

4 comments:

Kyle Wash said...

I'm glad that things are going well for you with your job. And tell Tony thanks for me too.

Anonymous said...

you sound like a boring human being.

Sean said...

It must be nice to have an important job! :) You deserve it. See ya soon.

kelly said...

okay - whoever called me boring - get a life!