Tuesday, March 20, 2007

5 Thoughts for Tuesday

It's just another manic Tuesday. Whoa ooo oh, wish it were Friday. (I am thinking I should write more songs - this one has a great catch to it! don't ya think!?!?) Wow, it is only Tuesday. Although Monday and today went extremely quick, here are some thoughts that crossed my mind:

1. I have yet to tell you about photo law enforcement thingies here. Yea, they have vans and cameras placed on roads to take your picture if you are speeding. THEN, if you are one of the lucky chosen speeders, your ticket is mailed to you. This way, SURPRISE! When you mail comes, it's like Christmas morning...or not. (knock on wood, my picture has yet to be taken.) I was warned my first day of work, and now I am scared to go over 5 above the speed limit. Although, I believe that was the law enforcement's goal. Still not happy about it, what can I say, I inherited my mother's lead foot.

2. I am going to San Antonio with Tony, a co-worker, in May. As a joke, we (some other co-workers) and I are telling him we have to room together. Since I am not known for being a girlie girl at work, I thought it would be amusing on my end to have a little fun with this. Today I sent him an email of pajamas I thought we could get for our week slumber party - matching pajamas! He proceeded to tell me he slept naked, luckily I sleep blindfolded! Then, while in a meeting, I found it to be a good opportunity to pipe up about coordinating our outfits for the trip, and the others thought it was a great idea too! As for Tony, I don't think he is finding this as amusing as the rest of us are! Man, what we do for a laugh. And no, we are not sharing a room. No way!

3. Did you know there is a roller coaster in Vegas that is on the top floor of a hotel, and this roller coaster takes you over the side of the building...175 floors up. I think I would pee my pants, or cry - you choose. (sorry - you might not really have a choice in the matter.) This kid Matt is going to Vegas for me since I will be in San Antonio, with Tony, at another show. I told Matt he needs to ride this roller coaster and give me a full report on how scary it is, and yes, I asked him to leave out the part where he pees his pants out of fright. I do have to say, I am glad I am not going to Vegas...not really my cup of tea. Although the roller coaster riding would be fun. Matt I would have fun with, he is too young to drink and gamble...so we would get along just fine in Vegas. Usually I end up with the boozers and gamblers. Not so fun. Although I am typically in bed at a decent time to be up for the show the next day.

4. Being on the other side of organizing trade shows is still stressful. Not nearly as much as my last job...but I am still on my toes. I like it.

5. Last but not least -- I CAN BUY LABATTS BLUE HERE!!!! Yea, you read that right, I bought a 12 pack for the Purdue game on Sunday. Now when I drive home, I know I will have a nice cold Blue waiting for me. :) Life just can't get any better! Hey- after all, it is the small things that make you smile...right?!

All right, enough babble for the day. I hope everyone is having a great week.

No comments: