Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Overwhelming Wednesday

Today was a good day, when I look back. Although I do have to say, it was overwhelming. This morning I went to work with my favorite hat on, I was a happy camper!! The morning was quite busy, so it went fast. Then I had a meeting with my two bosses - and from there on out I was lost. I am not one that likes to be the "new kid" at work. I like to know what I am doing. Anywho, half of the meeting I understood, half was far over my head. All in all, i am working through it. It was work that I didn't need this week, seeing I was already swamped with a project due Friday.

My crazy work day ended early, thank goodness! I had to be home by 5 to wait for COX. My cable wasn't working in my living room. As I was waiting, I decided to go through the stack of papers that was accumulating since I moved here and pay bills. That was a nice pile to get through, and I am glad it is done. Papers are filed, bills are payed, and I even got the checks ordered!! It was a very productive afternoon. Me = happy!!!

What is everyone doing for st. patty's day. I might actually cook corn beef! I am not up for the all day drinking thing. Norm (the guy that hired me) wants me to go out with him. I might go out, but not drink. Not up for the drama!! But it might be a chance to meet some people.

OHH! So today at work, Norm put a fax on my desk - Adventure 2000. It is for single people in phoenix looking to do things and meet people. Norm put it there as a joke. Laughing, i took it to my friend Eric at work - he freakin registered me for that crap. If I get stuck going to one of those events, that jerk and his girlfriend are going with me. They have 30 events a month, speed dating, bowling, hiking. It is a great idea and all, but that is not me...i don't do speed dating. And I am not looking for a relationship, I am looking to meet friends. Anyway...it was a funny part to the day. Eric will just get a good beating for submitting my info when he least expects it!

alright - i am off to cook some din din!

No comments: