Monday, March 26, 2007

Last Full Weekend in March

It was the last full weekend in March, and for me, it was a great one. Friday night I laid low, watched TV and that was about that! Nothing too strenuous or exciting. Saturday I met up with Kari and the baby to do some shopping. I am not a big shopping person, but I was glad to spend some time with Kari. It isn't the same with her husband around. We can't joke about the past as much...you know how it is. At lunch her husband joined us then took the baby home. I did get my fun time in with the baby. We played superman at IKEA, and put on a dance number for people while waiting in line to purchase out goodies. And yes, I am still trying to get him to say Aunt Kelly instead of Daddy or Mommy! Kari and I shopped a bit more after lunch for their trip to Hawaii, then went our separate ways.

Saturday night I watched the movie "Saved" and I would have to say I was not impressed. A pastor friend told me it was a great movie...so I checked it out. Not so much. I am sitting here trying to think of how to describe this movie, and I can't find the words as to where to begin. The only good parts of the movie are in the girls life that is pregnant, the people that are there for her and aren't judging her. But that is it.

Sunday Kari, Kib (husband), Zane (baby) and I went to the air show at Luke Air Force base. That was phenomenal! I arrived about an hour early to walk around and take pictures of the older planes. Once the "kids" arrived, we got some food, walked through the C-5 and watched the Thunderbirds. All in all it was a great day. After the airshow, I went to Church. This time, I think I even made a friend! Her name is Kelly and she is an event planner. How odd is that? Same name and occupation. We are supposed to meet up for coffee on Wednesday! I will let you know how that goes.

Well I am off to finish up here and bounce out for the evening. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Dan said...

Uh-oh, you've found a doppelganger. That sort of thing always weirds me out. Watch out she doesn't go all Single White Female and try to usurp your life.

Xtine said...

HEY!
Sorry I dropped off the face of blogger-earth.. i'm still alive. I don't spend as much time online because I do enough computer work at home. How you doing??

kelly said...

I am hoping Kelly is harmless, she seems it.

Christine - i am glad you are back!! How did P-nut like her homemade doggie treats??