Friday, March 9, 2007

Promises Made

Yesterday when I got home from work my apartment was 85 degrees. And I am thinking it's March - holy crap! Bart wasn't really enjoying the heat, as for me, I tried not to think about it. After all, come summer it will be 115 outside, 85 ain't that bad. Yes, it is dry heat, but it was still a bit warm for a home in March. So I made Bart a promise, I told him "tomorrow when I come home, I will have fans with me." Today at 4:30 I remembered my promise, so off I went to Wal-Mart, then Home Depot, and last but not least Target. I bought two fans. A tower fan for the living room and a 7" fan for my bedroom. (I am not a big fan person at night...but here it is needed.)

I brought the fans home, hooked them up and watch Bart freak out, for he didn't know what a fan was. Never seen one before, felt one, heard one and let me tell you - he hated them. Bart was jumping backwards when it turned towards him, and he just went bug-eyed for a couple hours. Since he was in freak out mode, I decided it was a great time to clean my place. (He doesn't like the broom or vacuum cleaner either. Yep, I have a weenie of a cat.) I got two loads of laundry done, new sheets on my bed and the whole place (besides the spare bedroom) has been vacuumed, dusted, and the whole sha-bang. Oh wait, I have yet to empty the dishwasher. It was also a good night to do it, for it will be hotter here over the weekend, and I don't feel like cleaning when I can be out enjoying the weather!!

I can't believe I am living somewhere where it will be 90 degrees in the beginning of March. I have a co-worker in Boston this week, so I called him to tell him he is coming home to greatness. He can't get enough of the 90 degree heat. It made him smile. He is miserable in Boston, in all the cold. That and his wife and new baby are here...I think he misses that too!

Oh, one more thing before I let you go! Peter Piper Pizza. Yea, you read that right - Peter Piper Pizza! My new favorite pizza place. $3.99 all you can eat pizza buffet for lunch. HELLO!!! We went for lunch today. My co-worker, Bob, and I were in heaven there. We made sure we sat close (right in front of) the buffet so we knew when the new pizzas were coming out. I had 10 slices of pizza and a salad. :) Yes, very happy I was!!

That is all. I am off to pop in a movie and cool down before bed. I hope everyone has a good weekend. I am off to...I have no clue where, but somewhere!

1 comment:

Sean said...

It was 46 today here in NY. Miss ya, hope you are well.