Friday, March 30, 2007

Food for Thought

Speaking of food - i could go for a bagel.

Anywho, I am tired of all the laziness around us everyday. And it is the small things I am noticing. Take for instance, yesterday, I stopped at the supermarket on my way home from work. While walking in I noticed about ten shopping carts that people didn't take the two extra minutes to push them to the cart return. This is irritating to me, probably because I worked places were we all had to help push carts on busy days. Now don't get me wrong, I loved pushing carts - it is actually quite fun. But please people, take the two minutes to push the cart to the cart return.

We are so spoiled these days. We don't take the time to care about the small things. We need to start watching our actions and make some changes in our daily routines. Pick up after ourselves. Return your carts. Help someone load groceries with a smile on your face. Slow down, be patient in life. Open your eyes, and see what life has to offer.

On a side note, I am thinking about volunteer work. In DC I volunteered at Habitat for Humanity. This time I am thinking about volunteering at an elderly home. So today, my goal is to start looking into this. That way, when I get back next week I can start making calls - see if anyone is looking for a volunteer. That may not be a great way to meet people, but volunteering isn't about me...it is about helping others. I encourage everyone to do a little volunteer work - it is worth every second just to see the smiles on peoples faces.

Well I am off to pretend I am working today. It's Friday. All I have to do today is make sure I have everything I need for Boston. Oh! I am hoping Bob will want to go to Harvard. The convention center is 7.69 miles away and I am dying to see the campus!! Bob is good to me, if we have the time, i am almost positive he will say okay, especially since it would keep me smiling the whole trip. How amazing would it be to have dinner on campus, get a book, and people watch?!

Oh, one more thing. I work next to the Scottsdale Airport...which is great. The building behind us has a hanger with the neatest plane in it. I will have to bring my camera to work and take a picture. It reminded me of a plane my grandfather used to fly. Too neat. Oh, then there is an ICI store (Glidden paint) - takes me back to the good ol' CP days!!!

All right - back to work.

2 comments:

Dan said...

If you are near Harvard, and it is cold enough, try the hot chocolate at Burdick's.

(http://www.burdickchocolate.com/stores-and-cafes-cambridge.asp)

kelly said...

Thanks! I will try. :)