Monday, June 26, 2006

Charlotte, NC

I am back, and wish I was still with Dawn. I got there Friday when she got out work. We hit up Old Navy – I lost my brown flip flops and had to get a new pair. It was just Dawn and I for the weekend, her fiancé, Jim, was out of town. I have to say I really missed him being there. After Old Navy, we found a place to eat dinner. It was the two of us and a bunch of people in their 50’s or 60’s. This made for an interesting night. Dawn and I were catching up and laughing at points….by the looks we were getting, you would have thought we were two 16 year old loud gitty girls. One, we were not loud; two, we were not gitty. We had fun, and Dawn almost tripped the waitress when she had her hands full of food!! I almost died of laughter – and yes, at that point we were obnoxious, she apologizing, and me still laughing. After her extra large margarita and my beer we headed back to her place to chat some more. She is a wine person, and I can deal every now and then…so wine it was. We had one and a half bottles of wine! It was a great night of laughter. She had a rough morning; however, I think I ate enough for the army the night before, so I was fine!!

Saturday we just bummed around running errands and eating what ever I could get my hands on. That afternoon, while were getting ready to meet this guy Jessy for dinner, we watch The Family Stone. Very funny movie, some sad points, but humorous as well. After the movie, Dawn and I did something we don’t do that often, we got all dolled up to go to dinner. It was fun! We went to this amazing restaurant and I had a delicious Italian meat sandwich on fococcia with an olive spread. After dinner we went to the Mellow Mushroom, for one more drink. They had Labbatts Blue, and that I had to have!! Man was it tasty. Gotta love Labbatts!

Sunday we woke up and went to Brueggar’s for breakfast – only my favorite bagel place. After that, I hit the road for home. Although, I did find a need to stop at Steak’n’Shake for a large milk shake. I would be in heaven if the DC area had Steak’n’Shake and a Brueggar’s.

I get home, and an hour later I lost power – and still don’t have it! Bart was going crazy, but at least we had each other. That is one reason I would like a roommie, for when the power goes out, and you are in the dark during a thunderstorm. Not my most favorite thing. I was good though, usually I call my friends, but I didn’t do it this time. I just hope I go home to power. Cross your fingers!

No comments: