Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Funk

Thank goodness I am getting away this weekend. I have been informed of some news that has thrown me for a loop. And this news, it did not come from who it should have. The person that should be informing me of this now doesn’t know that I know. So I am sitting here will a thousand questions, and no answers. I have to wait until the correct person tells me. It is very frustrating, and I still need to focus on the job at hand. So I am focusing on getting through today and making it to Charlotte tomorrow to see my friend and get my mind off work.

Yesterday I had to “talk” to the intern again. It is getting to the point that now I feel bad every time I have to close the door and talk to her. I feel like the worst person, she must think I hate her, and I don’t hate her – I am just not getting it. I’ll get over it, I just feel like I am sounding like my old boss/friend, Mike when he used to yell at me at work. But at least when he was done getting mad at me, he would ask “are we still going out for beers after work?” and I would know that we were still good! With intern, she doesn’t know me that way. She knows the work me, but not the fun side of me. All well, I’ll get over it. I can’t please everyone.

Well I best get to work. Lots to do, always the case! But come 5:30 – there will be one big smile on my face!!

No comments: