Tuesday, June 13, 2006

PULLING HAIR OUT

So my summer intern is, well you can say, a bit odd. She has had difficulty with everything I have thrown her way. Let me explain the statement "thrown her way." This statement means, sat down with her to give a full explanation with full details and even demonstrated how things are done. Has she been able to handle the tasks - NO! I finally found something she can do - call people with a script provided. Now it only took 15 test phone calls for her to get used to what is expected of her...but we got there!

Yesterday, I was a bit bored sitting at her desk with her all day listening and watching her make calls. A co-worker came to work and told me (because she knew it would make me happy) that her son received the math award. Right then I decided I wanted a math award!! (now keep in mind, I am still sitting directly next to my intern who can hear everything we are saying) So my co-workers makes me three multiplication problems and three long division problems...I do them, acting like they are difficult (part of the fun time we were having) and get them all correct. (shocking!) I return to my desk an hour later to see a math award hanging there!! yay!

Today before we enter a meeting, little miss intern indicated she wanted my job since I don't do anything. (NOT HAPPY AT THIS POINT) After the meeting, she did not notice I was right behind her when she stopped at my desk, and commented on my math award. She said "and she started as an EE major in college? huh." Then proceeded to turn to the guy that sits across from me and says "all she does is babysit Michael." (Now I am PISSED) She didn't know I overheard all of it. I calmed down, took most of the day, and pulled her into the office later for a little chit chat. I think it is safe to say, we are not on good terms. She is walking some thin ice!!!! I spend my days babysitting HER and she has the gull to ask what I do or tell me she wants my job since I don't do anything. Little miss brat doesn't realize I work nights to make up for sitting by her side all day. She met the nice Kelly, now she will meet strict Kelly. Sucks to be her!

Tomorrow - happy hour! Any takers??

4 comments:

Dan said...

DAMN. How long has she been on board? And she's already asking for a better job? Good rule of thumb - don't ask for a promotion until you can do your current job without someone literally standing over your shoulder, helping. Besides, everyone knows that summer interns are basically servants- start giving her jobs that involve more heavy lifting. Or send them out to get coffee. Really, just unload on this brat for the next 3 months.

Sean said...

She sounds like some of my co-workers. Good luck with that. Seriously, you'll need it.

Xtine said...

Lol... i wish i could come have happy hour! Maybe then some line dancing?!?! i'm dying to go, in case you couldn't tell! :P

liam said...

give her an ass woopin. sounds like she needs it