Saturday, June 10, 2006

grass stained pants

Thursday we were able to wear jeans to work. It was spring cleaning day, then at 4:30 we were having a happy hour at work to say adios to a fellow co-worker, for Friday was her last day. My day was very productive one, leading up to a unexpected evening. 4:30 happy hour was the beginning of it all. At 6:00 I was getting ready to leave. Called mom, she was having a bad week, and I told her I would make her a drink. She bailed on me for a work project, that she didn't really have a choice in. So I stayed for one more beer. 6:00 turned into 8:30, and some people were no so sober, so I allowed them to come to my house. A co-worker had never played power hour before, and another co-worker and I said we would teach her the ways. Power hour lasted 36 minutes, and it was outside dancing. This is where the grassed stained pants come in. I was too drunk to dance, as was another - yet it didn't stop us. He was teaching me how to waltz, and dipping me so far that I would hit my head on the ground. Then it was time for a couple of those drunken dialing sessions, then off to bed...on the couch. Yet I woke up in my bed? Yes, the charming co-worker carried me to my bed so he could take the couch. Gentleman! Woke up as if we never drank!!

Drunken calls - that all went to one person - and I am truely sorry. Next time I need to call a friend that won't hate so much as this one person in my life. Why do I choose the one person that has so much hate in his heart?? All well, everyone at work got a kick out of it, and I said my apology.

No comments: