Sunday, November 21, 2004

Bothersome

I feel that some people never grow up. Today while working, someone made a comment that bothered me a bit. Why don't people understand that boys and girls can be friends. Most of my friends are boys. (I blame my brother for this by the way) I don't see a problem with that. That is the way it has mostly been for me. When I look back at college. I didn't have any girl friends until my sophmore year, and in the end, they were still mostly guys. I hung out with three/four girls tops.

I believe that girls and boys can be friends, obviously. I have been friends with many guys, and never thought about dating them, nor have they ever tried to date me. So I think that whole theory should be thrown out the window. Personally, I tend to become friends with guys easier because they aren't so judgmental. The few girl friends that I have, they are more laid back, and they don't judge. Julie and Kari, I am sorry, but you are more guyish. You guys aren't afraid to get durty or make fools of your selves. I am not the girl that is out to get guys to like me. I am out to meet friends and have odd conversations.

So yea, just because I have mostly guy friends here doesn't mean I am "after" them. It means that we are friends. And during work we tend to make each other laugh, because there are times when you just need to laugh. People need to get over that second grade thought of girls and boys can't be friends. It is foolish.

Words of Wisdom:
Things change - go with the flow!

2 comments:

Kyle Wash said...

Think its easy for a girl to have guy friends, but more difficult for a guy to have girl friends. Generally speaking when a guy talks to a girl its cause they like them to some extent. But then again I have plenty of girlfriends that I chat with her and there, so it is there and what-not.

Anonymous said...

So my question is, can two girls be friends without dating??? ~ Julie :)