Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Names - Part II

I have spent my morning paying bills and doing laundry. I know, I have way too much fun on my mornings off of work. As you know, work has been a bit hectic for me, and well everyone else that I work with for that matter. But yesterday, I did get some good laughs in. I get to work yesterday morning at 6:15 and Mike, my manager, hands me the list of people I have to interview that day. I read the names, started laughing and told him that there was no way I could do it. Let me give you the names, and you will understand. (now don't get me wrong, I love the names, they are great!)
A. Butt
Abubakar something
T. Duong
and some others.
Now tell me it didnt' bring a smile to your face. Names vary with different origins, and that is great since they have a variety of meanings, but when that is your interview list, it is kinda funny.

Okay, besides names. I do have to say, I left work content yesterday. I wasn't smiling from ear to ear, but I didn't leave frustrated and ready to cry like I did the day before. Work has its ups and downs, but once it starts to level off, it will be a fun place to work, it is just getting to that point. (Thank you julie for making me smile!)

Oh and as soon as I figure out how to post pictures on this site I will. I have some nice ones from halloween. OH - and those of you who saw me....THANKS FOR NOTHING! If you were all true friends, you could have told me I need to tone my tummy, i looked pregnant in the pictures! THANKS. Some of the guys I work with are asking me if I have morning sickness or if I am in my second trimester. I blame you all for not telling me, letting me find out in pictures. NOT NICE.

Words of Wisdom:
Talk. It is good to talk things out when something is bothering you. It really does make you feel better to let someone know why you are frustrated. You never know, they may be feeling the same way and open up to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly,
I miss you! I am glad you have this journal so that I can keep up with what you are doing. I know work it seems hasnt been that great but nothing can compare to Entercom right?!! Any place has to be better then that! I miss not having you up here and am kinda sad I didnt hear from you when you were! We havent even had a legal drink together yet ;) Anyways, keep in touch more!! :)

I heard a song the other day that reminded me of you... Collin Raye...
"So now I come to you with open arms
Nothing to hide, believe what I say
So here I am with open arms
Hoping you'll see what you're love means to me
Open arms

...of course inserting "Broken" in place of the open!!! Many a times we sang that song at the top of our lungs in the BUZZ/BEE van!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

No, thank YOU. YOu made my day, and i miss you tons here. In a way, life in not the same. I would give anything to be sitting on top of the rugs with you right now, giggling like little school girls. ~Julie