Monday, April 3, 2006

Cherry Blossom Festival 2006

We went to the Cherry Blossom Festival yesterday. It was such a gorgeous day, we couldn't miss it. This was taken on the steps of the Jefferson Memorial, where we decided to enjoy a nice cup of coffee. :) Along the walk around the pond, we saw many memorials that we didn't even know were there. It was the best day I have had in a long time. I don't really know anyone that will go walk around, take pictures and explore the sites with me. It was a perfect day!
I took many pictures of the Monument, this isn't my favorite, but I wanted you all to see the trees! Someday I will have to go up and take pictures from the top, imgine what you can see from there! Gotta be amazing!
(Yuck, I know.) This is at the Jefferson Memorial where you can see Rosslyn, Virginia in the background.
The new WWII Memorial. We didn't go inside the actual memorial, but we though this was amazing. We took pictures by Colorado, New York and Indiana!
The Jefferson Memorial through the cherry blossoms! Too pretty! I will post more pictures soon! But I have to get to work. Happy Monday all, hope it is a start to a good week. (I am trying to turn my "I hate Monday's" around!!)

4 comments:

josey said...

I have heard about that festival. I have been wanting to go in the next year or two. Maybe if I keep looking at pictures like these, it will motivate me a little more. Nice Pictures

Dan said...

Excellent picture of the Jefferson from across the Basin - as good as anything they've published at the Post in their festival coverage. Hope the tourist crowds weren't too bad.

kelly said...

Tourist crowds weren't bad at all, I was expecting much worse. The sites were fantastic! Sometime I want to go back and go on the paddle boats - I want to get pictures from the water. Those are always the best!

Unknown said...

The Cherry Blossom Festival seems like an adorable one. We also have used this theme for our wedding day. We both want a perfect ceremony at one of our favorite hill side wedding venues Los Angeles and would like to hire the talented party planner for that.