Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Thunder & Lightening

Call me a wuss, pansy, baby – what ever you want, but I just can’t change it. I am scared to death of thunder and lightening. I got home yesterday around 6:30pm and my mom called around 6:45 to give me a little “heads up”. She was on her way to Gaithersburg for a meeting and wanted to tell me lightening was coming my way. After I hung up I closed the windows and grabbed Bart and blanket and sat on the couch. I don’t know why I am so scared, but I am. If it gets really bad, it can make me cry.

I remember when I still lived at home; Mom and Dad were in Connecticut looking for houses leaving me in Rochester with a house to myself! What twenty something person doesn’t enjoy having a place to herself?! Well, I wasn’t too thrilled two nights later, we had a horrible storm. It, of course, woke me up and all I could hear and see what the thunder and lightening. I was scared out of my mind. The huge pine trees in the back yard sounds like they were going to fall at any minute, and one did. Luckily it hit the wires before the house, causing more damage to the wires than it would have our screened in porch! I was crying, and too scared to get out of my bed until it was light out. All I wanted was my cell phone that was across the room, so I could call my brother. (He is always up at all hours of the night.) The next week I was with out power and slept by the gas fireplace. Needless to say, that was one of my least favorite nights!

Best part – Bart hates thunder and lightening as well!!!! We was hiding just as much as I was, but he would have gotten under the couch if he could have!

3 comments:

Dan said...

I am the complete opposite - I love a good thunderstorm.

[you asked about HTML; I used to use the same template you are using here, though I modified it quite a bit. I just changed, but I put the old template at http://deling.googlepages.com/old.txt. If you want to monkey with the title text color and background, look at the line that begins "#Title{font-size..." In that line, add "color:red;background: url(http://deling.googlepages.com/banner.jpg) no-repeat center center;" "red" changes the text color, and the "background:url(http://...)" directs it to whatever picture you choose. You do have to be able to upload your chosen picture somewhere. Try posting the picture, then do a right-click "View Image" to find its url. Otherwise, try to get an account at pages.google.com, and just upload the picture you want. Good luck.

Tim said...

I like new layout! Sleak and stylish!

Kyle Wash said...

I remeber enjoying lightning storms in the house in Irondequit. The back porch was all windows so we could sit out there with the lights off and watch the lightning.

It's funny that Bart is afraid of lightning as well. He probably picked that up from you :)