Saturday, April 1, 2006

Mikey

This morning, wake up call was 5:30. I didn't even know there was a 5:30 am!! Well, for those that didn't know - there is one, and it isn't pretty!! I had a bon voyage breakfast for a group that left for a missions trip.














After that I headed to Wegmans in Dulles, it was time I saw my friend. The picture that is horrible of me is from Mike's bachelor party. It was a great night of me getting him drunk on Wild Turkey and then taking home to his fiancé! Hehe! We were evil friends that night!

I miss seeing Mike. It has been a little over a year now since I left Wegmans. I miss our daily routine - coffee in the morning, lunch (which was the best) then we would grab a beer after work and meet up with his, now, wife and chat until is was time for bed. If we weren't working, we would meet up for coffee and then watch a stupid movie while eating and having a few beers. Man, those were the good ol' days. Now I am lucky if I get to see him once every two months. But this morning, I had to go see him. It was time.

He is one of those good friends that you can't lie to, and if you try, it would be wasted effort. (Although, why would you want to lie to your friends?) He can see right through me, and I him. His face turns red when something is up, and boy was his face red when I got there. So we sat and chatted a bit and drank his coffee. Any who, we made plans for his wife (Kellie), him and I to get together next weekend. Kellie doesn't care for me...she doesn't like the fact that I encourage the stupid movie and beer days! HELLO! What is wrong with watching a couple stupid movies, video games, and a few beers on your day off, every week? I didn't have a problem with it! And hey, we did meet up with her once she got out of work - or made her a nice dinner of spaghetti-o's!

I best get back to my day. I have been playing outside with Bart, but I am in the mood to bake. So baking it is!!

No comments: