Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

Bart and I are having a nice relaxing morning. We got up around 6:30 (I thought I had to work) and now he is sleeping on the guest bed while I am typing. We have already read the paper, watered the plants, and Bart has had his breakfast! I usually wait a bit before eating, not sure why, that is just the way it is.

I have invited my parents and Bernice over for Easter dinner. Bernice is unable to come, so it will just be the parents and I. I am surprised Dad is letting me cook the meal seeing I have never cooked a ham before. Should be easy - at least from what it sounds like. Although, I do have to say, I am very excited to be cooking. All day yesterday Bart and I did a massive cleaning of our home. I sealed the grout in the bathroom and Kitchen floors, got the guest bedroom ready for two or the four aunts, and clean the rest of the rooms. Not just a normal clean, it was more like a spring cleaning! You should have seen how gross the slidding glass doors were! It was worth it, even if I had done it for myself and not because I want my Aunts to like where I live. Anywho, so I cleaned for today and for the guests. Now I just have the fun stuff left!

The menu:
Appetizer
~seasoned mozerrella and crackers
~wine/beer

Dinner
~asparagus
~brussel sprouts
~scalloped potatoes
~ham
~wine/beer/ice water with lemon

Desert
~chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (double decker since that is my favorite!)

So I have some cooking to do. I am going to bake the cake this moring. Set the table and make the little easter baskets next. Then start slicing the potatoes. Now is the time I wish I had a food processor to do the slicing for me! Luckely I am cooking for three not 10!! As for Bart - he will be in the kitchen when I am in the kitchen, in the dining room when I am in the dining room, and back in the kitchen when I am in the kitchen. Oh! And at my feet. I think if Bart would have it his way, I wouldn't work! Oh, and Kyle - I am using a scalloped potato recipe from Emeril, just for you. Usually I tend to not use any of his recipes, but you like him, and it is Easter - so I am being nice!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I will post pics if you do the same!

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Sean said...

Can I have some leftovers? I already ate mine...

kelly said...

NO