Saturday, April 8, 2006

The Wilkes Girl's go to DC!

My family visiting DC is like Jeff Foxworthy's joke, "The Clampet's go to Maui". My mother has four sisters, and when you put the five of them together with a couple rounds of cosmo's you will be doing anything to get yourself as far away from them as possible. (Although, they are fun to watch!) They will also be able to drink you under the table. Sean can tell you about that one! He fell asleep in the middle of telling them a dirty job as he was trying to keep up with the drinking.
This lively group is coming the weekend after Easter, which allows me two weeks for preparation. For the most part, we are a normal family...okay who I am kidding, we are the weidest bunch of people. You have the preppy ones who spend hours in the bathroom each morning doing their make-up while the rest of us would do anything to get a shower.
Then there are the goofy ones! Usually there are a few beers or bloody mary's involved in this stage! Just for a hint, never go on a Christmas walk with my family. My aunts will have you running through neighbor's yards, weaving through the trees singing "Jingle Bells." Now this is when you realize that you haven't kept up with the parents in the drinking round! You are sober making snow angels in jeans and a winter coat, while you aunt is making snow angels in a skirt, a sweater and a bloody mary in her hand! Needless to say, we have fun, and we welcome anyone that would like to join us! Just wear your ear plugs for when it is time to stand around the piano and sing! Then there are the ones that are difficult to explain! Some people try to catch the big fish, not steve, no sir, he is thilled to catch the fish that a baby would get full off of eating. But we are nice, clap and say "Good Job Steve!" (it boosts the self esteem!) Hey steve, love the sun glasses!! Bug Eyes!

So yes, this lively clan is coming. Some are staying with me and others at my parents. I think I might have to move next week. I live far too close to my parents - and I am getting punished for it.

Well I best go relax while I can! Before you know it, I will be hiding from those we call family!

No comments: