Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Music Machine

This week is, hopefully, a short week. I have taken Friday off. My aunts will be here, and while they are out playing, I would love to be relaxing or doing something I would like to do. Although, I might just go to work late, or pull a half day. Bla. Too much to do, and we are close to our next show.

Last night my phone rang at 10:45, and it was Dawn. I had been waiting for her to call since Sunday night. Her and Jimmy (boyfriend) we away for the weekend, and for Easter they went to a sunrise service in the mountains. Sounded gorgeous. But that is not why I was waiting to hear from her. The two of them were in town for New Years and Jimmy told me, while Dawn was in the bathroom, that he wanted to propose on their get-a-way to NYC for Dawn's birthday. Well the get-a-way never happened, and when I spoke with Jimmy last Thursday, he mentioned that since they didn't get to go away for their birthdays, this is what they are doing. All weekend I was dying, I wanted to know if he pulled the trigger, and he did!!!! My friends are now engaged!!! I can't be happier for them. They are two of the sweetest people you will meet, and I just with we lived closer.

I am sitting in my bed, thrilled, asking questions - and there she is asking me about Justin. HELLO! Her news is much more important and exciting than mine. We talked for a about an hour going in circles between her news and mine - it was fun. It was good to hear her. She is not a gitty girl - she is realistic, which made for our usual banter conversation.

After that phone call, there was no way I was going to sleep! I called Kari, sine she is on three hour time difference, it was only 8:50 her time. As soon as she answered the phone she was yelling at me. WHY ARE YOU UP! Let's just say, she is in bed by 9 -9:30 everynight. However, I sent her a package and I wanted to know is she received it, and she did. Kari was thrilled. I had sent her the CD of Music Machine for the baby. It was a record that Kyle and I used to listen to when we were little, and come to find out, she had it too (when she was little). Kar couldn't beleive I remembered it and thought to buy it for her. HELLO - I wanted to buy it for me! It was obvious that Kyle and I enjoyed it much more when we were little than she did, but man did it make her happy - and that was my intent.

So all in all - it was a good night. Today is my last day to prepare for Aunts. I have to vacuum, clean the bathroom (easy clean, I scrubbed it on Saturday), and change my sheets to the cute ones that match my comforter. Then tomorrow morning, i will have to put out the new towels for the company! I believe I am pretty much all set! And let me just say, it feels good!!

Off to another day in the office.

2 comments:

Kyle Wash said...

I'm glad that Kari liked the CD, that was a great idea.

Whos Justin? Do I need to beat him up?

Xtine said...

...yea who IS justin?!?!?!?!