Sunday, April 30, 2006

A phone call

Friday after work, I headed to Fairfax to have a beer with Mike and Kellie. I haven't seen either of them in a long time. Mike isn't doing so well, he hurt his back bad enough that he walks with a cane and holding a hand. Very heartbreaking to see him in that much pain. Next month (June)he will find out if surgery will help. He had just been given a shot to ease the pain, and I am hopeful that that will even help a little. As good as it was to see him, it was a sad time.

Oh, while I was waiting for Mike and Kellie the guy I had dinner with this past week called me to say he knows I am busy with the show coming up, and that I am working late - so he asked if we could do lunch this week! I was shocked...he actually thought about my schedule, it is usually the other way around. I hope it goes well. I just thought it was sweet that he would try to make something work when he had a feeling I couldn't commit to a dinner.

Yesterday, I worked from home all day. Very exciting I know! (Sean, calm down! Next time I am working from home, I will call you and you can come help. Don't be mad I didn't call.) Around 8 I did the whole roll out of bed to the computer and stopped working at about 7. I was given a surprising break around 5 though, Chris Tengeres called. I haven't talked to him since September. It was really nice to hear his voice. I know my friends back home aren't too fond of him, but it is nice to know he still cares even though we broke up years ago! He is doing great and he sounds great. I would love to see him since I haven't seen him in over a year.

Today, I am off to work. My show starts in a week, and there is LOTS to be done!

No comments: