Thursday, April 6, 2006

Dubai, Einstien and Hebrew National

Let's start with Hebrew National - who doesn't enjoy a post on food! I tried my first Hebrew National, and I have to admit I liked it. Usually when it comes to hot dogs, I am partial to Zwiegles, and that is all I will buy. If I ran out of Zwiegles in my freezer, and didn't have an opportunity to get to Wegmans, I would but Hebrew National. However, I am wondering how they would taste with sauerkraut and mustard and/or sauerkraut and onions! Food for thought!

Dubai - I am getting a bit tired of hearing about Dubai. I understand the importance of the situation, but when you are being told about it on the news and night, on the news when you wake up and all day at work it gets a bit exasperating. Although, I am happy to hear that numerous bills were introduced to congress, and that it was passed that more monies will be spent on port and supply chain security.

I have been reading Einstein’s Dreams by Alan Lightman, which if you haven't read it I highly suggest it; I can't seem to put it down. I enjoy reading about Albert Einstein, his thoughts and theories are captivating. One of his views I enjoy reading about is time, mechanical time verse body time. Most of us live by mechanical time: wake up at 7, go to work at 8:30, each lunch at 12, dinner at 6, bed by 11. I would like to think more of us would live by body time. We shouldn't watch the clock all day long; we should listen to our bodies. Although, I am getting to the point where I don't eat every time I am hungry like I used to. When I get to work, I have having my hot chocolate or tea and I eat at 12:30 -1. Why have I stopped eating at 9:30, 10, 10:30...I used to eat every chance I could get! Hence the name - gettintubbie! Anyway, back to Einstein. Not all people enjoy him, nor believe that he was a true scientist. Einstein brings about points/issues I have never thought about, and they make sense. Yes, he may not have lead the ideal life, or been the best role model, but he was one brilliant man.

Tim asked me why my blog title is what it is. My nicknames have, for the most part, been: tubby - tons of fun - fatty - chubs, so when it came to my blog name - gettintubbie worked. Yes Tim, it is sarcasm, my friends are full of it! Don't worry, I haven't changed much since "the House" days, I am still that same person - just a little more grown up now. :)

2 comments:

Dan said...

Einstein totally would have eaten Hebrew National hot dogs.

Be careful with hot chocolate at work; I started with a packet-a-mug habit, two mugs a day. I'm up to 3 'n 3.

If you like Einstein, check out Richard Feynman - just as smart, and he played bongos so he's cool.

kelly said...

Huh, he was voted smartest man in the world in 1979. I don't know yet, I am still doing my research!