Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Manic Wedesday

Thank goodness today is almost over. I know work is bad since we are coming up on a show, but seriously, I am getting a little tired of it. Usually our division is at each other throats, but not this show. It is division against VP. Frustrating!

This week is supposed to be a good week – it is Easter week! I thought I would share my favorite Easter. It was my senior year in High School. My best friend, my parents and I went to Williamsburg on Vacation. Kari and I drove one car and my parents in another. This way we had free range of the Virginia Beach/Williamsburg area for the week. When Easter Sunday came around, Kari and I set up the Easter baskets we made my parents and got ready for church. We all let mom go through the yellow pages and locate a church for us to attend. BIG MISTAKE! We ended up going to a Greek Orthodox Catholic Church. It was a type of Church had never heard of, nor anyone I was with. Mom thought we were going to a typical Catholic Church. I am not one to mock religions, so please do take it at that. This was just a style that neither of us were prepared for. Most of the service was spoken in Greek, and you never sat still. It was sit, stand, sit, stand, bow, bow, sit, bow, stand…and so one. It made us laugh only because we didn’t know what was going one, we looked out of place and felt out of place. It was a blast! After church, we met up with some of my father’s family that I hadn’t seen in 15 years. My Great Aunt Mildred being one of them. At the time, she was 92 (and she is still kicking!). During our Easter brunch, she was giving me and Kari tips on picking up men!! I have never known an adult, typically a 92 year old woman giving 18 year olds tips on picking of men. Apparently we were supposed to wear short skirts and tank tops and walk on William and Mary Campus. We were sure to get lots of guys that way. Kari and I thought she was hysterical. The rest of the day was relaxing; Kari and I took a drive to see the sites, while mom and dad chatted with family. We ended the day with a big southern home cooked meal by my dad’s cousin. A wonderful day – and Church, it was a time neither of us will forget!

Well I am off to finish up some work before I head home for the night.

Happy Birthday Christine!

1 comment:

Sean said...

I went to a Greek Orthodox church for Ellen and Christo's wedding. It was kind of cool.