Monday, March 13, 2006

Mac'n'Cheese and hot dogs

So I am trying to learn more about homeland security - not for fun, for my job. I am sorry, but I just don't find it all that interesting. Maybe because it is such a broad topic. There are just so many more interesting things to read about. I get two sentences into an article and I find myself drifting. I want to learn about this, I learn better from going to the meetings, but I also want to know what they are talking about if something new is arising. With the port security, that is easy, it is all over the news right now...plus port security is interesting. Critical infrastructure - not so much. Well, if anyone has any ideas as to how to make all this interesting, PLEASE let me know!

My weekend was good. Taxes - man do I love those! I owe the Fed. Gov't money and Maryland - yay! Can't wait till next year!! I went over to mom and dad's on Sunday. Bart likes it there, there is just something that Bart loves about terrorizing mom and dad's cat, Hogan. It is fun to watch them! Dad and I dug a hole for the pond. (Obviously more dad than me, he is a bit stronger!) It is about two feet deep. Kyle you missed a good time. Clay, digging clay. Not as bad as Colorado though. Remember digging that pond!! What a pain! This wasn't too bad since the ground was moist. But it is all dug and we are ready to put the plastic sheeting in.

Tonight I believe I am going to the 9:30 Club to see the guy that sings You're Beautiful. I really shouldn't...it is Monday, and the week will be a long one. But you only live once, right?

Okay, so I am a horrible person. My boss's mother passed away - and he called me at 10:30pm to let me know the night she passed. (over a week ago) I never sent a card or flowers or anything! I am sooooooo bad when it comes to funerals and people passing....bad kelly! I was going to send a card - but saying sorry just doesn't seem right. So I ruled that out. Then I was going to send flowers, but a card goes with that...so that went out the window. And now, today he is back at work and I have done nothing. Nice huh! All because I suck in that department. Well, now you all know - so if you know someone that passes and you don't get anything from me...that is why - not because I don't luv ya or care - just because I have no clue what to do.

Well, I should go pretend to work now! It is stinky monday - and I wish it were friday! BLUE COLLAR BABY!!!

7 comments:

Dan said...

What about the mac&cheese and hot dogs?

kelly said...

I love them! I took my last hot dog into work to let a co-worker try zweigles hots (only the best hot dog out there) and not I am hot dog deprived!

Dan said...

I don't know about that... Nathan's Famous or Hebrew National are both pretty damned good

kelly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kelly said...

Nathan's I am not too fond of, Hebrew National I will try. Although I highly doubt they will be as good as my Zweigles!

Dan said...

I guess I'll have to try Zweigles.

Try boiling the hot dogs, and put them and the water you used to boil them in a thermos all day. Sublime.

kelly said...

I have never heard of doing that. Okay, I will try it. Thanks.