Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Sleepless Night

I couldn't sleep last night. All I did was lay there and try to sleep. While I was trying to sleep, I was thinking about work. This is usually the reason for me not sleeping. Last night it hit me that I have a show in two months. We just had a show, and now we have one in two months. I have a show guide to put together in a month - and not one exhibitor has sent me there information. I have to get all the speakers bios and presentations - but who am I kidding, I am lucky to get those a day before the event takes place! Yet, most of my time is being spent on the barter agreements for our Maritime show in September. I know my job is all about prioritization, but when my boss wants one item done first - it messes up your line-up. Who would put a September show before a May show? Anyway, so I was up all night trying to make sure we have everything scheduled for the press conference and my outline for the show directory - and the speakers, trying to think of some way they will actually hear me when I give them a deadline for information I need. No offence, but speakers tend to think they rule to world. They don't - they have just agreed to speak on they expertise.

Other than not sleeping, I am in a fairly good mood. I have come to the conclusion that my friends from "home" won't be coming to the DC area for a long while. As much as I miss my brother and the guys, that is how it is. Kyle, I will see you in July on the beach. Willy, if you come see your father - let me know, we can meet up again. Sean & Christine, I don't know when I will be back - but I will see you then. I was in Rochester seven times at the end of last year. I am not really up for a trip back yet, as much as I would like to see you all.

One thing that I am dying to do, that I haven't done in years, is have a large McDonald's extra think milkshake drinking contest. Man, the last time I did this was between Aaron (an old co-worker/friend) and me, when I worked in radio. We were always trying to beat each other in everything we did. Needless to say, he won that contest - but that was the best contest we ever had. Neither of us could move we were so full!

Well I best get ready for work - I have barter agreements to finish and a show to get ready for...did I mention it was in two months? Cos it is...two months. Where does the time go?

Tomorrow - Queen
Next Friday - Blue Collar Comedy Tour - (call me a redneck, but I love them)

2 comments:

Kyle Wash said...

We all miss you to. I'm sorry you couldn't sleep last night, I know thats fustrating.

Have fun at the Queen concert that would be a blast! Your also going to see the Blue Collar Comedy Tour... fun!

kelly said...

I might be going to Queen alone now. I was going to go with my friend Brad - but he didn't want to go to the concert until 9:30 when it starts at 8. And I haven't heard back from Josh. If he says no, then I have no one to go with.

I have had the tix for Blue Collar since July!!! I can't wait!