Saturday, September 11, 2004

Downfall

Today was a tiring day at work. I wouldn't say it was the best day I have ever had since I have been here, and I wouldn't say it a good day either. Today I would have to say was a not so good day. I have had my bad days at work, we all have those...but today I got in trouble. If you know me well enough, you know that I am not one that really likes to find that I messed something up. I am more hard on myself than anyone else. My manager, Mike, came up to me and asked me to go for a walk with him. I should have seen it coming, but usually when I walk with him it is to go get something done, not to actually nicely get mad at me. I do have to give him credit though, he did do it in a nice way. I think he is afraid he is going to make me cry. I messed up the schedule, I would have to say pretty good. It was probably 60% my doing and 40% anothers doing...but I took full blame and spent my night trying to dig myself out of that whole - in the mean time I got myself talked to again. We were out of shopping carts, so I thought I was doing good by going outside to start hustling the Helping Hands crew and push carts with them for a bit. Well I forgot to take a walkie talkie with me so the people inside could contact me if they needed me. I was already on the hot seat once that day, so that pushed it a bit too far. This all sounds like simple mistakes, but on a busy weekend, it isn't all that simple. If it wasn't for Lauren and Julie - I wouldn't have been smiling much today. I just can't believe I messed up the way I did on the schedule, I don't know how I didn't catch myself. It was a mistake that shouldn't have happened. I am just really ready to know Wegmans as well as I knew/know Chase-Pitkin.

Words of Wisdom:
Patience - one of the keys in life. It will come in a matter of time (love, friendships, work, understanding - the whole nine yards).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time...just give yourself some time Kelly. You expect to much from yourself. Getting to know Wegmans is not going to happen over night. These are all typical learning curves that we incur while starting any new position. At least you can say, it won't happen again, and that is all they want to hear.