Saturday, September 11, 2004

Stop and Smell the Roses!

First of all, showers are over-rated. I haven't even showered yet today, and let me just say - I look fabulous! I may smell a bit (of rose petals of course), but man do I look good! I don't even need to re-do my hair or make-up before I go to work. It even saves water. You can call me an environmentalist now!

Well I have spent my morning doing garden research. Now many of you know that I don't have a green thumb. I kill every plant that comes near me. My last and only roommate would blame for his plants dying, just because I looked at them. I thought that was a little harsh - when looking back, they did all die and they were in my presence. Huh, food for thought. Anywho, back to the research. I am learning how to design a good garden starting with the basics. I am reading this info and I realized you need to know what annuals and perennials are. Oh and what in the world are USDA zones. They give you a stinking number, for example: this plant is good for USDA zones 5 to 8, WHAT IS THAT? HELLO I WAS IN THE BEGINNER SECTION! Okay, so you are wondering why I am doing this, right! No, not so I can pull all my hair out to see if i look good bald...I am doing this to be of help to my lovely parents. I thought I would help come up with a plan for their yard. We'll see how this goes. So far...yea, I still have words to look up! If you want to lend a hand, I would be glad to have it! As for annuals and perennials - hey plant is a plant, what else do you need to know, right?! I am planning on having the best landscape design for their house - so don't even try to beat me!
Well I am off to dig in my refrigerator to see what kind of good eats I have in there! Don't worry, not that much - I am lucky to have chicken swiss - thanks mom! (If it wasn't for that, I would have milk.)

GO PURDUE! Purdue 59, Ball State 7

Words of wisom: (let me know if i should drop this...I don't want to bore anyone)
Smile. It goes a long ways. People may ask why you are so happy - but do you need a reason to smile?! One smile can turn another's frown up side down!

No comments: