Friday, September 17, 2004

Nicknames

I used to think that having a nickname would be fun. I am starting to think that they are there to make you look like a fool. I have had many nicknames, such as tubbs, tons of fun, oinker (I tend to eat all the time)...but now they are getting cruel! Lately, there have been names such and chunkie pumpkin head and swampy. Oh yes, I said swampy. Now doesn't that just sound sweet, and thoughtful. Swampy can mean a lot of things, swamp creature, swamp lake..and so on. But not me...for those who want to know, here is my story.

I was asked nicely to go out and help out with helping hands and push some carts. Now it was a hot day, and I am in black pants and white button down - it was hot. So a half out later, I was a bit sweaty, and my face was red. (I was working hard - and once again, it was hot out!) I am back in the office now, working on the schedule and Lauren (another STL) is sitting there with me and I just apoligized if I stunk since I was all sweaty. She said I didn't, so that was good. Then Mike walks in and said I stunk. I again apoligized since I was all sweaty, but it's hot out. Then he mentioned that I smell like swamp ass, I just started laughing - it was too funny, and he proceeded to call me swampy for the rest of the day. This was all great fun until Lauren decided to share this last night at dinner with about seven other work friends. So now, I have my friends calling me swampy. Plus, the guy I am hanging out with next week was there, and now calls me swampy. Why do I not see this as a good thing?

Words of Wisdom:
Don't be afraid to laugh at yourself. Otherwise you will let too much get to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, as your friend, I need to apologize for not telling you sooner... you do smell like swamp ass. :( Sorry. But those days back at CP with the rugs... wow! I thought I would pass out from the stench. But I still love you. :) And I am sure mom and dad still love you. Heck, they love me even though they know of my gasterial intestinal problems! :) Julie

Anonymous said...

Dear Swampy,
Take that as a compliment. It's a good thang to sweat. Oh, not for a girl though. So delete that...let's see how can I make you feel better. Can't think of a thing.
As for the guy you are hanging with next week, he can just wear a nose plug or something. He won't mind. Oh, it's that breathing thing isn't it. Well that is overrated anyways. He will just have to hold his breath. But with that new purse you will be looking so hot, he won't notice!