Monday, September 6, 2004

Friendly Neighbor

I decided to be a friendly neighbor yesterday, this may sound shocking to many of you, but yes decided it was about time I was nice to some new people in the area. I was baking a cake at 7 in the morning to surprise them by 8:30 and offer a hand in their daily chores. At 8:30 I arrived at 5010 Rubgy Ave. Oh yes, the parents house. They liked the fact that along with my visit I brought a goodie. We had the morning cup of coffee and three stacks of pancakes and bacon. What a way to start off a perfectly good Sunday. I turn to dad to ask what was in store for us that day, he mention something about the basement and taking the ivy off the front of the house. Now I couldn't tell you how happy I was to hear that. Let me just say that before this project was started - I am not a fan of ivy. So dad and I proceeded to put on our work gloves and he was to get the prunners as I went to start pulling the ivy off the house. Pulling the ivy was the easy part, it was getting the ivy buggers off the house that was the challenging part. If ANY of you are thinking about putting ivy on your house PLEASE call me so I can talk you out of it. I DON'T LIKE IVY. We tried using the power washer to get the buggers off, didn't touch it. Next was a wire brush, not a chance with those buggers. That left Dad, Mom, and I out there with scotch brite pads srrubbing and picking off all those little buggers. I was just glad it was only a small part of the house that ivy was on. It was all about the elbow greese. Once that was off, we had a snack and hit the basement. All the dumb and dummer boxes have now been emptied. Let me just give you a thought as to how much paper those bozos used - after two small boxes I was knee deep in paper that was neatly spread out and stacked. There were about five small items per box. After that - shocking enought we all decided we just might need showers. It was a very eventful day that ended in a great steak dinner and mom and I watching piggie of a Dad eat 6, yes I said 6 ears of corn. Can was all say PIG together!
Thanks for a fun day!
Oh! One more thing - can we say GO PURDUE! 51-0 Nice shutout on Syracuse!

No comments: