Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Friendship

Days go in and out, but it is at the end of each day you look back and reflect. Was it a good one or a bad one and why? What could you have done to make it better, or was it one of those days that couldn't be any better? When I look back and reflect on how my day was, it is always the small things that made it great. It may be my coffee talk with mom on my way to work. An event that I count on everyday. Or chatting with Julie on instant messenger before I head off to work, just having her jubilant self in my mind as we talk. It is your friends that make your day complete. It is knowing that when you have a rough day, they may not be right by your side, they may be in Germany, Maryland, or even Seattle - they are just a phone call away. They are what make you smile when haven't cracked one all day, they make you laugh when you need to whipe that tear away. And best of all, you know they are proud of you with out having to say a word. It's knowing that they would be there to give a hug or a helping hand if it were possible. With out people like that, where would this world be? It's something you cherrish!

Words of Wisdom:
Believe in something - every one needs something to believe in. Then pray. Be thankful. Be forgiving. Be loved.

I Said a Prayer For You Today

I said a prayer for you today
And know God must have heard -
I felt the answer in my heart
Although he spoke no word!
I didn't ask for wealth or fame
(I knew you wouldn't mind) -
I asked Him to send treasures
Of far more lasting kind!
I asked that He'd be near you
At the start of each new day
To grant you health and blessings
And friends to share your way!
I asked for happiness for you
In all things great and small -
But it was for His loving care
I prayed the most of all!


2 comments:

Sean said...

Kelly, it's great to hear from you! I hope everything is going well. Funny thing that your posting today was about friendship, because I haven't seen you or talked to you in a long time! Do you like Virginia so far? It's a beautiful place. California is going very well, besides of course the whole non-English speaking thing. Haha. Well, it was great to hear from you. Keep in touch!

liam said...

ummmm.........i talk to you in the morning? doesnt my jubilant voice get you going in the morning. Rochester in the house!!!!