Wednesday, September 8, 2004

Office Talk

I am driving home from work today, reflecting on the conversations I over heard or participated in and I just had to start laughing. It is funny, you hear about how professional people are at work...and for the most part this holds true...but when you are behind closed doors a whole other light shines through.
When you think about it, everyone needs a place to go where they can just let go. Our Front End's office is our own little soap opera. One may tend to think that is where all the important stink happens. Well if you think shopping for new rims for your car on Ebay, or looking up ice cream cakes (Carvel's cakes are the best!) is important - then you are in luck. This is the office where I have had to print off an email on "How to poop at work" and highlight a section call crop dusting and place it in anothers mailbox hoping they would get the hint. If you haven't seen this email, crop dusting is defined as: when farting, you walk really fast around your place of work so the smell is not in your area and everyone else gets a whiff but doesn't know where it came from. Now this is important. There is a guy that I work with that doesn't use this method, and our office is pretty small and the smell tends to stick around. Not a good thing. Then there is one of my managers...I was in the office working on the schedule and he decides to eat his lunch there to keep me company. I thought that was awfully nice until he decided to inform me that he felt gassy. I stopped what I was doing and turned to him, and then he said to me that he felt comfortable enough with me that it was okay to share this. Personally, too much information. From that point on, I kept my distance!
Walking into that soap opera of an office you never know what to expect - but you do tend to walk out with a smile on your face.

Words of Wisdom:
If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I think you have a bad attitude about this guy in the office. Here is a needy co-worker liking to "open up" to you and you deny him. If people shot me down because of my gas, I wouldn't have ANY friends. And Lord knows I would never be married! (Poor Peter. If you only knew what he has to deal with.) All I am saying is give him a second chance. Maybe rip a few with him and see where the relationship turns to. :)