Monday, September 13, 2004

Kelly Land

I had a couple inquiries about Kelly Land, so I thought I would tell you a little bit about it. Matt (aka Goose) believes it to have white puffie clouds and pink bunnies. Others may think there are rollercoasters or the game where you squirt water into the clowns mouth...these are all very good assumptions but not quite it exactly. Kelly Land is a place where I go where everything is happy. Sounds cheesey now that I am writing it down, but it is true. Kelly Land is the cosmo party at my parents house; it is sitting on top of the rafters at Chase-Pitkin saying "Pizza dude's got 30 seconds" when my manager is on a different rafter throwing things at me; it is coming home from Purdue after my first semester and on Chirstmas eve on a walk dad telling me he was proud of me after checking my grades online. It is working at Entercom with Coyote talking about how we are going to be astronauts together; it is the shaving cream war at a youth group retreat; it is my great aunt Mildred informing Kari and I how to pick up guys on the William and Mary Campus; it is riding my first loop de loop roller coaster with dad at Bush Gardens in Florida. There are soo many things that go into the making of Kelly Land, only because I have been soo lucky to have a wonderful family and wonderful friends to help make all these memories. I can only hope that everyone has their own land that they escape to. It isn't a land that you come out of all depressed and miss things, it brings you out of your slump, puts a smile back on your face.

Words of Wisdom:
Every day you make a memory, so go out there and make it a good one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, you are MY Kelly Land. You are my best friend in the whole wide world. AND, I have the privledge to say you are my daughter. Dad and I have loved every minute of our wonderful memories with you and Kyle. You both are my sunshine!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kel,
I love reading this journal of yours... makes me feel like I am still apart of your life... Anyways, just wanted to say that I understand Kelly land bc I myself have Kacey land... I think that everyone needs there own land, some people just wont admit that they have it! Anyways, just wanted to say that I have a lot of memories of you and I that I often think about! I hope to see you sometime! I love ya! <3 Kacey

Anonymous said...

How can I get to this Kelly land??? Do you have a map or something? It's funny,but I have never heard of it. What state is it in?? Man, and I thought Lego land was fun!!! ~ Julie