Saturday, September 25, 2004

Tear

I go to work yesterday, after having my two days off, and I was ready for a busy night. As guessed, it was busy. But that didn't bother me. I took dinner at 9pm and when I was walking into the office at the end of my lunch I realized something was missing, my Chase-Pitkin travel mug. This is devistating news, I know. This is the mug that I would use everyday to take my coffee/tea to work. You ask my reasons for being devistated: 1 - everyone knew it was mine since I am the only one that came from CP. 2 - It keeps a part of CP with me everyday, CP is my home store where I have family and friends (believe it or not!). 3 -I just flat out love that mug, and now it is gone. Who would take it? I even had to take time out and call my manager, Mike, at home and ask if he knew where it was, and no he didn't either. You may think that I am completely nuts, but having that mug with me at work makes me feel like I fit in. Sounds odd, but everyone has a piece of their "home" store with them, and that was mine. It broke my heart that it was gone. I knew that was my favorite mug, but until I saw that it was gone I never knew what it really ment to me.

Words of Wisdom:
Cherrish you friends, family and loved ones, it isn't until they are gone that you will know what you had. Sad to say, but that is just the way it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your cup. I will send you one of my old t-shirts so you can snuggle with it at night. If you are lucky, I can find one that is still soaked in sweat and dirt.~ Julie

liam said...

weirdo