Saturday, September 18, 2004

Something new every day

As far as I know, I could never say I didn't like Tornado's since I have never experienced one. Well, now I can say it! I don't like Tornado's. I am not trying to be mean, or sound like a pessimist - but I don't like them. I was working in the office yesterday afternoon, and the phone rings informing me to prepare the front end for the power to go out for a couple minutes since there was a major thunder storm. I was okay with that, I never actually thought a tornado would hit down. It hit the AOL building across the street from us and the power lines. So as you can probably guess, we lost power. From what I hear it was a pretty neat sight, the tornado hit some fuse boxes and it shot off some huge sparks. The power went off around 6 pm and we asked customers to wait 45 minutes before leaving the store and driving home, for their own safety. It was raining and thundering like crazy, and I am out there pushing carts so that they won't hit the customer’s cars. Helping Hands was no where to be found - they didn't want to be out in that, they aren’t dumb! And by the way, the sky was amazing. It was neat to see the sky look so pretty when suck a bad storm is going on. By 8:30 I was drown rat with a long wet night ahead of me. The store closed at 8:30 but we had to get as much food in the coolers as possible, and just about all the employees were able to go home by 10. I wasn't able to go since there was a gernerator keeping the computers up and running and there were closing procedures that needed to be done. I got home around 1 am and was back at work at 5 am to help prep the store to open. When I arrived we still didn't have power, a generator came from Pennsilvania and was hooked up by 5:30 and we were able to get the store up and running around 9. All I can say is that it was a long couple days!

Words of Wisdom:
Before you judge it try it. You never know what the outcome might be!

No comments: