Thursday, September 9, 2004

Old Times

This afternoon I was at Mom and Dad's house going through a box with my College books in it. It was fun to go back and read all the notes and see all the papers I wrote. It brought a smile to my face...all the things that made me smile still made me smile. Take for instance, in my calender I wrote a note to myself to go to the doctor in a month and get tested for mono. HELLO DORK - who waits a month? Okay, well I apparently did. Then there was my journal for some English class when I was dating Chris - I wrote about how he would fall asleep while we would watch movies and he would snore so I couldn't hear it. My favorite was a list I found in one of my notebooks that my friend Megan and I made. There was a guy named Mike Bond in our Women's Studies class, and we ALWAYS had to sit next to him. So megan and I each made a list on why Bond like the other person. That poor guy must have thought we were both nuts - every class we had to be sitting right next to him, he had one of us on each side of him. But the way I see it, it's his own fault for being one of two guys in a Women's Studies class - it is like a girl taking an engineering class at Purdue. Yea it was fun to see all the scholastic stuff, but it was all the small things that made it so you pulled through all the tough days that just make you smile.
Oh and in case you were wondering - Mike Bond did call me, and yes I did call megan the second I hung up with him to tell her every single thing we talked about in that two minute conversation. (It was all about school, he didn't ask me out or anything - I wasn't that lucky)

Okay, so maybe I was just a dork back then! And I still am one!

Works of Wisdom:
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." -Charles Schultz

1 comment:

Kyle Wash said...

I'm glad to hear you had a good day at work writtin the schedule onyour own. 170 emplyees is alot to write a schedule for, I cant imagine it.

It sounds like it was fun going through al lyour old stuff. It alwasy intresting to see the memories, and to see that your still as much of a dork as you are now. :)